Who doesn’t love a party?!? Can I see a show of hands? Yes, I think I see someone with two hands up in the back — you’re definitely on the list! Well, a few of us on Twitter thought it would be great to host a “cocktail” party on Twitter.
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2011
Time: 8 – 9 pm, EST
Aaron Cohen (@StuccoItaliano), Darrell Morrison (@DarrellMorrison), Barbara Rocha (@PaintaLifestyle) and myself (Regina Garay – @Fauxology) are on Twitter. A lot. We love the interaction, the information and of course, meeting new people. Aaron originally came up with a list of decorative painters and plaster specialists who were on Twitter but we thought to have an online gathering to introduce ourselves and e-meet others.
Never been to a Virtual Party, you say? Never fear — here’s the deets.
WHAT TO EXPECT
First, join Twitter and become acquainted with how it works. A Twitter Party works just like a regular party: you come in, introduce yourself, ask a few questions, join the conversation and have a great time — only the visiting is among the Twitter community with guests from all over the world. There is no registration — simply by using the hashtag #DecArts you can follow the chat as it happens live. You can meet other artists, find a broader audience for your blog or product line, find new people to follow and/or follow you, learn interesting new goings-on in the industry and more.
HOW TO PARTY!
You can use Twitter itself (search for #DecArts and follow from there with your saved search), TweetDeck or just join using TweetChat, which easily works like a great chat room. (I’ll be using TweetChat to join the party. They have a great YouTube tutorial if you click here.) As you tweet, be sure to type in #DecArts so everyone can follow what you are saying as well. A great, short how-to: How to Join Twitter Chats.
Here are a couple of tips for the Twitter Party…
- A Twitter Party is a bit of an Open House. You can arrive on time or be fashionably late. We would love for you to be there the whole time so that you can join in on all the fun.
- As your party hosts, we will ask some conversation starter questions. Join in and reply!
- Conversations will vary throughout the party or you may have a question or two. Other guests chime in with their thoughts to those questions and the conversation goes on. It’s all very informal and related to our topic of the party. No one expects you or your tweets to be perfect; we’re just happy you made it to the party!
- If you need to make a phone call, get something to drink, tuck a child into bed or put another load of laundry in the dryer, just hop to it and join back in the conversation when you can. Time to head out? We hope you will say your goodbyes and we’ll virtually see you next time.
- The more the merrier! You are welcome to invite your Twitter friends and followers to the party.
We have a surprise for you.
We’re going to keep having these get-togethers to chat on a monthly basis and have a featured guest and/or topic. The July 14th event is just for everyone to get together to meet, get to know each other and have fun. On July 28th (same bat time and place), we have a special design tech guru as our guest. We’ll be talking about time saving tips & tricks to maximize your business’ social media strategies while freeing up more of your time to focus on the creative works. We’ll post more on that soon! By the way, leave me any questions if you have any…
Are you excited? Hope to see you there!